Tuesday 30 September 2008

The Pointless Knowledge of Trannies.

Of all the things I need to recall how to do the Macarena is not normally one of them.

I can't remember how to do the dance linked to a mid nineties novelty song enriches my life. I am trying to things I learnt which might be of use dance is not one of them.

Anyway to leave all that behind I got ready to go out, everybody else it seemed like, had the same idea and although I looked alright for once I wasn't up for walking past a group of loud teenagers with music blaring from their mobiles (whatever happened to earphones).

Going home there would be a Zen like calm but going out is different, the worst thing that could happen springs to my mind. Like an alien invasion that halts just so both sides can point and laugh before the aliens successfully enslave the human race. Actually its more mundane than that but just as horrifying in my mind. The bizarre thing was that the following night the streets were empty to quote Del Amitri "The Martians could land in the carpark and no one would care".

If you want to relive the joy / horror here follow this link.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there is truly any knowledge that is useless in this world...it's just a matter of figuring out where and when to apply it!

    If you can dance, you are far ahead of me...

    I had actually thought of trying to figure out if Arthur Murray was still in business since I "retired", never dreaming that life would be just as busy now as it ever was before!

    alan

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment Below