Saturday, 22 June 2013

Two Minutes of Your Life

Happy birthday to me. And yes, I survived it. After that I've been busy, a clash of reports, exams, evaluations, and everything else. I don't mind the pressure provided it doesn't go beyond my limit and I can get a lie in on Saturday. I'm also an aunt again so it hasn't all been stress.

I'm sure you are wondering how we all survived without our name on a bottle of sweet brown liquid for so long. I've purposely avoided buying it because I would feel such a corporate tool, yet more than once I've seen someone pull out a bottle with their name on with a palpable self satisfiable sense of ta-da! Yes. Its my name on a bit of plastic round a plastic bottle.

It's that ghastly false personalisation much like being asked for my name when buying a coffee. All I want is a hot drink at a price I consider acceptable for what I'm about to receive, I don't want a meaningless non relationship with an anonymous corporation. It does seem a pointless thing to get riled about and you're perfectly right, a bit like complaining about the word cis or someone putting ed onto the end of transgender. My little winge has probably taken you less than a minute where as hundreds if not, thousands of words were spilt on those two subjects, taking many long minutes I wont get back.

1 comment:

  1. Happy bithday to you. I quite agree with mock relationships with corporate organizations. It's nothing like the sort you have at your local interdependent store.
    Regards Caro.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own wittering below.